Recent Page Updates
Recent Post Updates
- Ministry of Technology Innovation and Citizens’ Services – Senior Manager, Health and Safety Management System
- Special Air Quality Alert – July 18, 2017
- District of West Vancouver – Occupational Safety Specialist
- BC Municipal Safety Association – Administrative Assistant (part time)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Safety & Controlled Environment Specialist
|The conference website is http://www.pacificsafetycenter.com/bcmsa/|
- Our conference will award EOCP members 0.9 CEU’s for attending.
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists – 2.0 RM Points
We have kept the conference fees at the same rate as 2015!
BCMSA has teamed up with the Thinking Driver to offer on-line and classroom driver training including such topics as Defensive Driving Techniques, Defensive Driving Attitudes, Winter Driving and Safe Backing.
View the course catalogue at http://www.thinkingdriver.com/course-catalogue.
Members of the BCMSA will be eligible for a 10% discount for all online and classroom courses.
Looking for Fall Protection or Confined Space training and there isn’t one scheduled in your municipality?
UPDATE August 26, 2016: Emergency First Aid for Industry – OFA Level 1 Equivalency has been approved for EOCP 0.60 CEU’s! Approved as Core for WWC – WD – WWT – SWWS – as Related for WT – SWS.
One of the important strategies established by the BCMSA Board of Directors is to collaborate with naturally aligned associations and capitalize on appropriate relationships. With this in mind, the BCMSA is pleased to announce the renewal of its partnership with St. John Ambulance. Members of the BCMSA will be eligible for a 10% discount on several St. John Ambulance courses.
BCMSA members will register directly by telephone or in person at any one of the St. John Ambulance BC branches using the promotional code ‘BCMSA’. Visit https://portal.sja.ca/eRegistrationSearch/ for course information.
Check out their website for more information!
Price: $15 per person (Contact Helga Hildebrandt to purchase a course code – aka learner key)
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: n/a
EOCP CEU’s: n/a
Post session: Certificate (online)
- Students can start, stop and resume training to accommodate their schedule
- Students must successfully pass the exam at the end of the course, with a score of at least 80%
- No expiry date on keys
- The SMS Manual (Online Course) is available for download.
Course description: A Health and Safety Management System is a comprehensive in-depth approach that addresses all aspects of an organization’s operations from a health and safety viewpoint and involves management and workers in a meaningful way. An organization wishing to pursue COR must have had the CAO or another manager participate in a Safety Management Systems course.