BCMSA Response to COVID-19
At the BCMSA, the health and safety of our members, facilitators and BCMSA team is our top priority. In the current environment, it’s important for all of us to monitor the rapidly evolving situation involving the coronavirus or COVID-19, so we thought it would be helpful to provide an update on how we are responding at the BCMSA. We are monitoring for updates and will share them with you as available.
- If you are facilitating or your organization is registered for an upcoming classroom course, please note the BCMSA has decided to temporarily suspend all in person classroom courses from today March 16th to April 16th (30 days), or until otherwise suitable. We will continue to evaluate and adjust as necessary.
- There will be no cancellation fees applied for currently booked courses.
- Our goal is to work with organizations to reschedule cancelled courses at a later date.
- Providing resources for organizations https://www.bcmsa.ca/resources/pandemic-exposure-control/
- Liaising with our regulator and peers to ensure adherence to best practices
- Actively monitoring the situation for future updates
- Implementing social distancing as appropriate
- Working remotely
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however due to the situation the BCMSA strongly believes this is the right decision in protecting the health and safety of all involved.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mike Roberts, Executive Director, BCMSA