Confined Space Attendant/Entry Supervisor
The 16 hour Confined Space Attendant/Entry Supervisor Training course is designed and intended for the worker who is assigned to continuously monitor work in or near the location of a confined space process or operation, who is competent to provide support or react as required to provide for the safety of the entrants and entry team, including performing a non-entry rescue. This course also includes the entrant level training along with the responsibilities of the entry supervisor. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate for the role of a confined space entrant, attendant and entry supervisor.
This 16 hour course is designed and intended for the worker who is assigned to continuously monitor work in or near the location of a confined space process or operation, who is competent to provide support or react as required to provide for the safety of the entrants and entry team, including performing a non-entry rescue.
Must be physically fit.
Steel toe shoes & hard hat, Hazmasters has the right to turn away students if they do not attend with appropriate wardrobe attire and no refund will be given, Comfortable attire appropriate for climbing (jeans are acceptable – tank tops and shorts are not acceptable), If you have a preferred fitted harness, please bring it. If not, Hazmasters will have plenty to go around.
- Relevant legislation, regulations, CSA standards and industry best practices
- Identification of confined spaces
- Characteristics, examples
- Hazard identification
- Atmospheric, physical
- Effects of atmospheric hazards
- Monitoring and testing of confined spaces
- Ventilation, cleaning and purging of confined spaces
- Protective equipment – personal and general
- Simulated entry and non-entry rescue
- Review of supplied air respirators (SARs) and self-contained breathing apparatuses (SCBAs)
- Written work procedures and entry permits
- Objective of lockout procedures, blanking/blinding procedures, entry permits
- Rescue Considerations – duties of an attendant/safety watch/entry supervisor, rescue procedures, etc.
- Equipment inspections and record keeping requirements
- Equipment care and storage
16 hours (2 days)
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Industry Standard – 3 years