This 4 hour course is designed and intended solely for the worker who enter a confined space to perform their assigned work or task on a weekly basis. It includes an actual entry by the participants into a confined space. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a wallet card for the role of a confined space entrant only.
- A Reminder – What is a Confined Space?
- The REAL Reason You Need to Know about Confined Spaces, Lessons Learned by Industry.
- Confined Space Hazard Identification
- Confined Space Hazard Controls
- Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Required Documentation
- Review what is “Effective Rescue”
- Every effort will be made to begin at the scheduled time. Please ensure the required equipment listed below is in place and that someone will be available to allow the instructor access to the training room at least 30-60 minutes prior to the session start time to set-up.
- The instructor will bring enough materials for the class maximum. Please forward us a class list as soon as possible.
- All participants will need the ability to do hands-on training.
- All students are required to attend with proper PPE: steel toe shoes or runners (no open toe shoes), comfortable attire appropriate for climbing (jeans are acceptable; tank tops and shorts are not acceptable). Instructors have the right to turn away students if they do not attend with appropriate wardrobe attire and no refund will be given.
- Participants may bring a preferred fitted harness; if they do not have one the instructors will have plenty to go around.
- Classroom seating – all students seated comfortably.
- Projector, table for projector/computer, projector screen, flip chart or whiteboard.
- 2 extra tables to display equipment.
- Confined space location (low hazard) for practical demonstrations with access to do a set-up and permit.
- Gas detectors and bump testing equipment.
- Hoist/rescue system in use in your organization. If it is not available, an area large enough to set up a tripod, winch, ventilation, barricades and any other equipment needed.
- Additional information that may be useful and can be provided to the instructor before the class: Safety Policy, Confined Space Policies and Procedures.
- Parking availability for full-size vehicles.
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
8-hour Confined Space Entrant Training Course
Industry Standard Renewal – 3 years