Contractor Safety Management
The purpose of this session is to gain an understanding of how municipalities, Boards, Libraries, Commissions and contractors have a responsibility to ensure work is performed safely and according to WorkSafeBC legislation. The principles introduced in this course can assist in establishing due diligence for all employers.
This course covers the following topics:
- Legislation: Federal (Bill C-45); Provincial Act and regulations (WCA, BCOHSR)
- Current interpretation of Section 115 and 118 of the WC Act
- Requirements of the owner, contractor and sub-contractors
- Contractor evaluation
- Tools to assist in compliance
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the OHS legal requirements for all key parties involved
- Describe what health and safety information should be considered during the selection of contractors
- Understand the systems for contractor management and compliance
- Identify indicators for evaluating a contractor’s OHS performance
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for department/division managers (operations and facilities), construction project managers, safety resources, human resource personnel and purchasing managers involved in the selection and management of contractors in the workplace.
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $750 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
$750 flat fee up to 20 participants *Subject to change
Certificate of Attendance