Priced on a sliding scale:
1 to 9: $20 per person
10 to 49: $18 per person
50 to 99: $17 per person
100 to 199: $15 per person
200 to 299: $14 per person
300 to 399: $13 per person
(Contact Helga Hildebrandt to purchase a course code)
Note: course codes expire two (2) years from the issue date
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: n/a
EOCP CEU’s: n/a
Post session: Certificate (online)
Course description: This course is a good first step to educating staff in the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), most recently updated in 2015. View the WHMIS 2015 At Work educational materials published by WorkSafeBC. Additional training in specific hazards in their workplace must also take place.
At the completion of this course, participants will:
- be able to describe and understand the three key elements of WHMIS 2015;
- know the rights and responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers;
- be able to recognize WHMIS 2015 hazard symbols and explain their meaning;
- be able to recognize the information contained on a WHMIS supplier label and workplace label;
- be able to describe the information on Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
In addition to learning about WHMIS 2015, participants will review classification symbols from WHMIS 1988 as there will still be products in the workplace using this system; WHMIS 2015 has a phase-in period that ends December 1, 2018.
Participants must successfully complete quizzes at the end of each module, and a final exam, in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.