Accounting and Payroll Specialist
A perfect blend of safety expertise and administrative magic. It’s our people formula at the BCMSA. Our team is growing, and we want you to join us! The British Columbia Municipal Safety Association (BCMSA) is an independent, non-profit organization committed to improving workplace health and safety throughout the province.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic, team orientated and dedicated Accounting and Payroll Specialist. Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with our management team you will have the opportunity to support major impact in occupational health and safety across British Columbia’s local government sector. Duties include:
• Full cycle bookkeeping/accounting including payroll
• Month end and year end reconciliation
• Ensures financial recording accuracy and compliance with established procedures, financial policies and internal controls.
• Prepare monthly financial reports and statements, including budget to actuals report
• Support the year-end audit planning and liaise with the auditors
• Verify accuracy of all financial functions and notify the Operations Manager of any discrepancies
• Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies and ensure effective internal controls
Who You Are:
• You have a formal education in bookkeeping and/or accounting courses; Having or working towards an accounting designation or having the Payroll Compliance Practitioner courses are an asset.
• Three to five years of progressive accounting experience working in a fast-paced organization; including one to two years of full-cycle experience
• Expert level with MS office applications with a focus in Excel
• Experience working in the non-profit sector, or an understanding of fund accounting is an asset
• Your communication skills are second only to your ability to foster positive and productive relationships as trust and confidence are crucial to your success.
Why Work for the BCMSA:
• We genuinely care about each other and the membership we serve
• We foster our positive workplace culture through teambuilding events and a supportive work environment
• We offer a comprehensive remuneration package including a competitive salary of $55,000 to $70,000 (2022 rates), excellent health and dental benefit packages, municipal pension plan, EDO program, generous vacation allotment, employee wellness programs, health care spending account, opportunities for personal and professional development.
Connect with us and find out more at www.bcmsa.ca/joinus. Have a question or want to learn more about the role? Anyone from our team would be happy to chat.
If this looks like the opportunity to make a difference that you have been searching for, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. Friday, July 8, 2022.