A perfect blend of safety expertise and administrative magic. It’s our people formula at the BCMSA. Our team is growing, and we want you to join us! The British Columbia Municipal Safety Association (BCMSA) is an independent, non-profit organization committed to improving workplace health and safety throughout the province.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic, team orientated and dedicated Operations Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Operations you will have the opportunity to support major impact in occupational health and safety across British Columbia’s local government sector.
- Administrative Support
- Communications and Marketing Support including supporting all BCMSA Conferences
- Technology Support
- Human Resource Support including supporting with HR documentation and file control, benefit administration and full cycle recruitment
- Meeting and Event Support
Who You Are:
- You have post-secondary education with emphasis on administrative skills, Human Resources and Marketing. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Intermediate knowledge on WordPress, social media platforms and other digital marketing platforms
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, rules and regulations applicable to the work performed and some knowledge of employee benefits. Related experience in public sector environment is an asset.
- Superior internal and external customer service skills are vital to the role along with a sense of urgency, strong decision-making skills, organizational skills, and teamwork.
- Your communication skills are second only to your ability to foster positive and productive relationships as trust and confidence are crucial to your success.
Why Work for the BCMSA:
- We genuinely care about each other and the membership we serve
- We foster our positive workplace culture through teambuilding events and a supportive work environment
- We offer a comprehensive remuneration package including a competitive salary of $55,000 to $65,000 (2023 rates), excellent health and dental benefit packages, municipal pension plan, EDO program, generous vacation allotment, employee wellness programs, health care spending account, opportunities for personal and professional development.
Connect with us and find out more at www.bcmsa.ca/careers. Have a question or want to learn more about the role? Anyone from our team would be happy to chat.
If this looks like the opportunity to make a difference that you have been searching for, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. Friday, September 23, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. All BC Municipal Safety Association employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.