As the largest operating company in the integrated TransLink enterprise, Coast Mountain Bus Company (CMBC) operates a fleet of clean-fuel conventional and community shuttle buses, zero-emission trolley buses, and passenger ferry SeaBuses in Metro Vancouver, the largest single transit service area in Canada.
At CMBC, one of BC’s Top Employers, we’re committed to providing an innovative, healthy, and engaging workforce. This is reflected in our workforce of over 5,500 employees performing over 400 unique jobs, who are committed and empowered to deliver service that attracts nearly 1.1 million passengers daily and connects people, businesses, and communities in the Metro Vancouver region.
We have the important job of helping our passengers get to work, appointments, visiting with family and friends, and back again every day. Metro Vancouver relies on us, and we take that as a point of pride.
– Supports and coordinates the administration of Workers Compensation Claims. Provides facilitation, coordination and administrative support to the Safety and Emergency management department.
– Provides administrative and data support for the Learning Management System.
– Provides support and coordinates the First Aid entries.
– Oversees the Safe Driver and Safe Worker awards programs and coordinate for the required information with the stakeholders and ensures the records are updated.
Completion of Diploma in Disability Management, Occupational Health and Safety, or Human Resources.
– Requires 2 years of prior experience in Workers Compensation Claims Administration; solid computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; sound interpersonal and communication skills, detail oriented and excellent organizational skills, with the ability to professionally communicate both verbally and written with all stakeholders.
– Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines and able to adjust to changing priorities.
– A further period of up to six (6) months in the position is required to acquire knowledge of various process & procedures, and to become familiar with existing systems.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
Salary starting from $4,821 per month.
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Dental, Transit Pass and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan. Focus on your development through tuition reimbursement, training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘Apply’ button at the top right corner or go to https://www.translink.ca/About-Us/Careers.aspx to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: November 16, 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ’s by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransL