This course is intended for anyone who is required to work on or use ladders. Anyone who uses a ladder must obtain the necessary training in order to reduce or eliminate worker injuries and falls from ladders. This course combines both theory and practical training using current, approved equipment. Ladder types and grades will be discussed and will include the proper selection, inspection, setup and use of several types of ladders. Participants must be physically able to carry, setup and climb a ladder to attend this course.
Topics of Instruction:
- Ladder injury statistics
- Roles and responsibilities
- Assessing the risks
- Types of ladders
- Ladder selection
- Setup and use
- Ladder inspection
- Hands on activities
- Inspection of a step ladder
- Inspection of an extension ladder
- Assessing the risk and choosing the best ladder location
- Setup and climb a step ladder
- Setup and climb an extension ladder
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$37.50 per person.
Minimum $550 charge per class.
3 Year Certificate (wallet card)