Communicable Disease Practice Approach
Communicable Disease Resources
In this sections organizations have provided specific documents around communicable diseases which can be shared.
Sample of Organizations Communicable Disease Plans
COVID-19 Practical Advice and Guidelines to Ensure Safe Operations for Workers
Version 6 updated November 1, 2020
This document outlines essential safety protocols that municipalities should adopt as they restart or expand operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a living document and as new information or best practices around COVID-19 are learnt this document will be updated.
In this sections organizations have provided specific documents around COVID-19 which can be shared. These documents include Policies, Safe Work Procedures, Exposure Control Plans and Safety Talks.
Pandemic Response and Exposure Control Plans
Department/Site Specific Plans
Safe Work Procedures
- Coronavirus: What is it? Video and Blog
- How to Manage Coronavirus Anxiety in the Workplace Video and Blog
- 7 Tips to Manage Anxiety and Worry about Coronavirus Video and Blog
- How to Manage Anxiety about Coronavirus (COVID-19) that becomes Overwhelming and Turns into Panic Video and Blog
- Talking with Children about Public Health Emergencies like Coronavirus Video and Blog
- Coronavirus: It’s not an excuse to be racist Video and Blog
- What are the Risks of Coronavirus in Canada? Video and Blog
- Effectively Communicating about Coronavirus in the Workplace Video and Blog
COVID-19 Municipal Best Practices: Physical Distancing in Vehicles
Version 1 updated July 2, 2020
The purpose of this document is to provide Local Governments in British Columbia a standard guidance document for physical distancing in vehicles during the Covid-19 pandemic. This is a living document and as new information or best practices around COVID-19 are learnt this document will be updated.