Mental Health Return to Work for Supervisors Training
Research has identified workplace supervisors as a key participant for successful return to work programs. This course will equip supervisors to work with HR/OHS and take them from uncertainty to confidence when managing mental health related absence and RTW. Through structured scenario-based experiences and interactive activities, this session will provide practical tools and step by step instruction to develop and monitor these RTW plans. You will learn how to avoid common pitfalls and solve common problems such as receiving ambivalent medical notes.
What will you learn?
- Differentiate between need to know and want to know relating to employee mental health information.
- Evaluate your RTW processes against best practice – identify priorities
- Learn how to build trust with employees, union representatives, and management
- State the necessary RTW process components
- Apply a proven problem-solving model to a RTW scenario
- Plan and run a RTW meeting
- Understand and attend to Coworker roles
Who should attend this course?
Return to Work Advisors and Coordinators, Managers, Case Managers, Disability Management Professionals and Supervisors who wish to build confidence in their RTW planning for mental health conditions.
no minimum/30 student maximum
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
$2,450 per class
Certificate of Completion
Diana Vissers (firstname.lastname@example.org)