This course is for supervisors and managers within municipalities to ensure they have a good understanding of the regulations and rules that control the transportation industry regardless of the operation. Course content explores all aspects of the National Safety Code Compliance for supervisors and managers as well as the responsibilities for compliance for vehicles, drivers, hours of service, and all safety requirements such as load securement, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, all paperwork and documentation including processes, and a Policy and Procedures Manual. Compliance Sixteen (16) standards will also be covered.
This course covers the following:
- Drivers licence requirements,
- Driver abstracts,
- Driver assessments and competency checks,
- Hours of Service monitoring,
- Hours of Service recording,
- Load securement,
- Trip inspections (pre-trip and post-trip inspections),
- CVSA requirements (roadside and weigh scale inspections),
- Vehicle Inspections,
- Reporting defects,
- Traffic violations,
- Motor vehicle accidents,
- Driver disciplinary policies,
- Vehicle safety,
- Vehicle maintenance,
- The National Safety Code Carrier Profile,
- All record keeping of driver files, vehicle files, hours of service files, safety files,
- Training requirements for staff and drivers as well as supervisors and managers.
Participants will learn how to monitor the compliance of the National Safety Code requirements through driver abstracts, the National Safety Code Carrier Profiles and monitoring processes. These will be discussed in class including physically monitoring drivers for adherence to the rules for pre-trip and post-trip inspections, Hours of Service, vehicle operations, motor vehicle accidents and much more. Discussion will also include necessary processes for compliance with the National Safety Code including a Disciplinary Policy for non-compliance by the drivers.
The course is conducted in a lecture discussion format and requires attendees to participate. Quizzes will be provided during the session to initiate conversation and interest.
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$650 per class in Lower Mainland;
$850 outside Lower Mainland
Virtual Delivery Price:
$650 flat fee up to 20 participants