This course is for drivers who may never have been instructed on the proper way to conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicles. This course is for all vehicles that are National Safety Code compliant including both air brakes equipped and hydraulic brakes equipped vehicles.
The theory portion of this course focusses on National Safety Code requirements for all drivers and supervisors, and includes review of the 16 standards of the National Safety Code.
This course covers the following information:
- Blocking wheels and draining air tanks (when required),
- In-cab inspection,
- Safety circle check of the vehicle including load securement,
- Under vehicle inspection (when required),
- Brake inspection,
- Moving check of the brakes,
- Completing the written trip inspection report,
- Conducting a post-trip inspection of the vehicle and recording any deficiencies.
Participants will be required to conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections during the session.
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
$1,100 per class in Lower Mainland;
$1,300 outside Lower Mainland