Prevention of Workplace Violence
All employees have the right to expect a workplace that promotes safety from violence, threats and harassment. Working for an organization which deals with the public each and every day, employees are going to encounter situations involving unpredictable behaviour.
Within this course, the entire spectrum of workplace violence is covered, focusing particularly on the ways in which employees can identify the potential for workplace violence, attempt to defuse it, and respond to it should it unfortunately occur.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- The importance of Prevention of Workplace Violence training
- The importance of knowing the Provincial & Federal legislation concerning workplace violence prevention
- The six components for evaluating a developing situation
- The importance of the four core principals of effective communication
- The importance of understanding ‘State of Mind’
- The five stages of a build-up to a potential assault
- Dealing with telephone hostility
- Effective conflict resolution techniques
- The importance of managing your own reaction
- The importance of effective memory, perception and observation techniques
- The importance of recognizing ‘emotionally disturbed persons’
- The importance of developing Active Listening Skills
- The importance of developing effective disengaging
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
4 CPD Hours
Classroom Delivery Price:
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 12);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $1,100 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
Certificate of Attendance