“Is your Back UP over vehicle incidents and rising insurance costs?
Backing incidents account for almost HALF of all reportable motor vehicle incidents in municipalities. The good news is that backing incidents are preventable! Thinking Driver’s Safe Backing training targets this situation by teaching drivers how to reverse skillfully, safely, and confidently using mirrors, a skill not required on any basic road test! This course helps reduce costly backing incidents by arming employees with superior backing skills.
Safe Backing is a blended learning program with theory covered in an eLearning format and practical application conducted in groups in a closed training area.
The practical component is a competency-based course focusing on the reduction of backing incidents by developing strategies to reduce backing and building requisite skills to back confidently and safely when required.
This course includes a formal “driver quality assurance” assessment with a written report for training records.”
The Course Curriculum Covers:
- “Safe backing in a variety of situations
- Backing to sight side and blind side in a non-articulated vehicle
- Backing using a guide
- Backing using mirrors
- Positioning vehicle for sight side and blind side backing
- Using mirrors to identify reference points
- Identifying pivot points
- Judging distance to rear of vehicle
- Backing through turns and close quarters
- Right angles
- Offset lanes
- Alley docks
- Complex backing maneuvers where a series of reference points and turns may be required
- Close-quarters maneuvering in forward direction
- Identifying overhead clearances
- Understanding rear wheel off-track
- We conduct Safe backing on a closed course on-site as required (or at our location) in groups of three (3) per half-day, training the driver in
- the vehicle they normally drive for work to ensure relevant and effective skills transfer. A certificate of successful completion is provided.
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
$1,300 per class
Certificate of Completion
BCMSA Recommended – 3 years