Safety Committee Member Responsibilities
This course examines the legislated requirements for the committee, its role, conduct of meetings and making recommendations. Through individual and group work, participants will learn how to make their Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee meetings more productive and effective.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legislated requirements for a Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Understand the structure of the Committee
- Understand the role of the Committee
- Understand the Terms of Reference for the Committee
- Understand the Activities of the Committee
- Investigation of incidents, accidents and diseases
- Reviewing incident/accident statistics
- Dealing with worker complaints and the right to refuse unsafe work
- Making recommendations to improve health and safety in the workplace
- Participating in Committee educational opportunities
- Establish effective meetings
- Conducting the meetings
- Meeting reports
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
4 CPD Hours
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $750 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
$750 flat fee up to 20 participants *Subject to change
Certificate of Attendance