Traffic Control Planning and Layout
This workshop is for municipal employees who have responsibility for planning and setting up work zones as a regular or occasional part of their work. It will be valuable for a variety of workers and supervisors in public works, maintenance, engineering, special events and safety roles, who must set up work zones where Traffic Control Persons are not required. It does not qualify participants to do the work of certified Traffic Control Persons.
by the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Use the OHS Reg. and Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways to make planning and layout decisions, including revisions in the Traffic Management Manual which becomes effective in 2018
- Identify, use and maintain traffic control devices
- Conduct a Job Task Analysis to assess traffic control risk
- Create a Traffic Control Plan for any work on roadways
- Lay out a work zone where Traffic Control Persons are not required
- Adapt Traffic Control Plans based on actual situations
- Monitor traffic control in a work zone to ensure optimal safety
- Work with the site superintendent, contractors or other municipal representatives to ensure traffic control is understood and site safety is optimized
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $750 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
$750 flat fee up to 20 participants *Subject to change
Certificate of Attendance