WHMIS GHS 2015
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) was revised in 2015. WHMIS was designed and developed to provide information to employees on hazardous materials that they work with or may encounter in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
- be able to state the purpose of WHMIS;
- be able to describe and understand the key elements of WHMIS 2015;
- know the rights and responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers;
- be able to explain WHMIS 2015 hazard symbols and their meaning;
- be able to describe the information contained on a WHMIS supplier label and workplace label;
- be able to describe the information on a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) applicable to WHMIS 2015;
- know how to obtain an SDS;
- make practical use of this information by relating it to the products used in their work.
- Introduction to WHMIS / WHMIS 2015 (GHS)
- History of WHMIS
- Training Requirements
- Health and Safety
- Signal Words
- SDS – Safety Data Sheets
- Trade Secrets
- Exemptions / Exceptions / Special Cases
- Responsibilities and Rights
- Hazardous Products Regulations
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $750 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
$750 flat fee up to 20 participants *Subject to change
Industry Standard – 3 years