Electrical Hazard Awareness for Municipal Workers
Our Electrical Hazard Awareness for Municipal Workers is meant for those who work around high-voltage power lines, either overhead or underground. This includes crane, mower and excavator operators, arborists, sign and banner installers, and those working in construction, paving and maintenance. Topics include:
- The basics of how electricity behaves
- An introduction to BC Hydro’s power system
- How to spot overhead and underground hazards
- How to plan your work and carry out your plan in a safe manner
- What to do if your equipment contacts a power line, if you encounter a downed power line, or if you need to escape from an energized area
- How to meet WorkSafeBC requirements for working near high-voltage lines
$37.50 per person.
Minimum $450 charge per class.