Exposure Control Plans need to be specific to your organization. These documents are provided as examples only.
WorkSafeBC Regulation requires employers to create and implement a number of Exposure Control Plans (ECP’s). We are happy to share ECP’s created by others, but it remains the employers’ responsibility to ensure the ECP complies with current practice and WorkSafeBC Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR).
Bloodborne Pathogens ECP and Procedures
City of New Westminster
- CNW_DOCS-#30063-v5-Hepatitis_B_Vaccination_City_2005_Jan_Employee_Reques... (417 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#74102-v2-Occupational_Health_and_Safety_Policy_City_2002_Jul_I... (560 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#535799-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (655 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#628399-v1-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (364 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#628404-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (312 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#629002-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (1) (321 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#629002-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (347 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#657793-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (2) (720 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#657793-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (271 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#732471-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (316 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#732570-v2-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (334 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#732576-v1-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (323 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#775907-v1-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (324 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#775914-v1-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (304 downloads)
- CNW_DOCS-#776037-v1-Infection_Control_Bloodborne_Pathogens_City_2015_Oct... (497 downloads)
City of New Westminster - ECP Hepatitis A (491 downloads)
ECP - Asbestos-Containing Drywall Disposal (980 downloads)
City of Coquitlam – Anhydrous Ammonia Exposure Control Plan (801 downloads)
Employers are required under Section 5.54 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) to develop an exposure control plan (ECP) when workers are or may be exposed to airborne silica dust in excess of 50% of the exposure limit.
To assist occupational health and safety professionals with this task, WorkSafeBC has posted the following sample documents (in editable Microsoft Word format), which can be used to help create an employer’s ECP. Note that these sample documents are not sufficient to constitute an ECP; a WorkSafeBC occupational hygiene officer would have to make a determination as to whether or not a completed ECP meets the requirements of the OHSR.
Developing a Silica Exposure Control Plan WSBC developing a silica ECP.doc (1688 downloads)
The following Exposure Control Plans are from WorkSafeBC’s website.
Exposure Control Plans for:
- Carbon Monoxide ECP - Carbon Monoxide (1277 downloads)
- Cutting concrete WSBC - ECPCuttingConcrete.doc (1218 downloads)
- Chipping Concrete ECPChippingConcrete.doc (1019 downloads)
- Cutting Fibre Cement Board ECP fibre cement board.doc (959 downloads)
- Cutting, Grinding and Polishing stone containing silica (quartz) ECP cutting, grinding, polishing quartz.doc (1168 downloads)
- Drilling Concrete ECPDrillingConcrete.doc (998 downloads)