BCIT has assessed our courses and Programs and has granted the following transfer credits into their Occupational Health & Safety Certificate Program. Transfer credits may be used to satisfy the elective credit requirements of the program.
- Every 8-hour course is worth .5 transfer credits
- Every 16-hour course = 1 transfer credit
- Every 24-hour course = 1.5 transfer credits (eg. Utility Locator Specialist)
- Completion of the Supervisor Safety Certificate Program (SSCP) = 2 transfer credits
- Completion of the Municipal Worker Safety Certificate Program (MWSCP) = 1.5 transfer credits
Several of our training programs have been granted CEU’s from the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP). Information on available CEU’s are noted in the Course Catalogue.
CEU’s are available retroactively, so if you have taken one of these courses and would like to submit them for credits, please contact us for the form.
Participants are provided with an EOCP Evaluation form at the training session. For those who are EOCP-certified, please note that it is the responsibility of your organization, or the individual EOCP member, to forward a copy of the form to EOCP to ensure the appropriate Continuing Education Units are credited to his/her name, and to pay any associated fees levied by the EOCP. The BC Municipal Safety Association will not provide this information or payment on their behalf.