Asbestos, Lead, Mould and Silica Awareness
The work performed by public works staff could expose them to a variety of hazards. Exposure to some toxic substances could be life-threatening. All workers must be aware of the potential hazards, and understand and follow the controls necessary to prevent exposure.
After completion of this half-day course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the health hazards and routes of entry associated with exposure to asbestos, lead, mould and silica
- Complete a field-level risk assessment for exposure to these hazards
- Understand the Hierarchy of Controls to be followed to determine the most effective method of preventing exposure
- Identify appropriate procedures and personal protective equipment to prevent exposure
- Understand the precautions that must be taken when cleaning up and disposing of materials containing asbestos, lead, mould and/or silica
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $750 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
$750 Flat Fee
*Subject to Change