The BC Municipal Safety Association (BCMSA) is a non-profit association funded by employers who are part of WorkSafeBC’s Assessment Classification “Local Government and Related Operations”. The BCMSA’s mission is to improve worker health and safety through the sharing of knowledge and resources within local government. The BCMSA administers the Certificate of Recognition Program for Local Government and Naturally Aligned organizations throughout the Province.
The BC Municipal Safety Association provides auditing services to local government and naturally aligned organizations. We currently have a very knowledgeable and professional group of contracted auditors; however, there is a need for more to meet demand.
The goal of this project is to enter into an agreement with the BCMSA, and provide audit services in the following areas/regions:
- Vancouver Island
- Lower Mainland
- Interior (Thompson/Okanagan)
- Northern BC
Successful auditors will be expected to:
- Enter into an agreement with the BC Municipal Safety Association
- Complete the application form
- Submit the necessary documents as noted on the application form
- Sign a code of ethics
- Successfully complete the External Auditor Training Program (the level of the training will be determined by the application process)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety professional
- Company registered and in good standing with WorkSafeBC
The BCMSA will:
- Provide training to the contracted auditor
- Familiarize the contracted auditor with the audit software use
- Provide resources and advice
In addition to submitting the External Auditor Application Form appended to this document, applicants must address the following criteria listed in no particular order:
- Proof of insurance, Personal Liability coverage for a minimum of $2,000,000.
- Business License
- Copy of Auditor Training Certificate from another Certifying Partner (if applicable)
- Copy of professional certifications
- List of at least three references, preferably in the local government sector or other Certifying Partners
The deadline for proposal submissions is 4:30 p.m. Friday January 14th, 2022.
Please submit proposals in electronic format (Word or pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the proposal deadline, with “External Expression of Interest” in the subject line. An email will be sent acknowledging receipt
BCMSA staff will select the proposals that best meet the objectives, including but not limited to the auditing history and experience of the applicant. A personal interview may be requested. Candidates will also be assessed during their first audit submission, prior to confirmation as an external auditor for the BCMSA.
Once an agreement between the BCMSA and the auditor has been established, the BCMSA will periodically evaluate the auditor by monitoring, and reviewing all organizations evaluations and audit reports.
Individuals wishing additional information can contact:
Justin Chouhan, Manager of Audit and Training Services