Administrative Assistant – Regular Part-Time (28 hours)
A perfect blend of safety expertise and administrative magic. It’s our people formula at the BCMSA. Our team is growing, and we want you to join us! The British Columbia Municipal Safety Association (BCMSA) is an independent, non-profit organization committed to improving workplace health and safety throughout the province.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic, team orientated and dedicated Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Administrative Training Coordinator and working closely with the entire BCMSA team you will have the opportunity to positively support occupational health and safety across British Columbia’s local government sector. Responsibilities include providing administrative support to the BCMSA’s training portfolio including course moderation, maintaining data and records systems, communicating with our membership and providing secondary support to the COR program. Ask us about our flexible work model including partial work from home opportunities!
Who You Are:
- You have completed courses in office administration and have sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You have the ability to work collaboratively and handle frequent interruptions and changing priorities in a high-volume environment.
- You have considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- You have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- You have intermediate to advanced skills with virtual meeting software (zoom, teams etc.).
- You have good knowledge of various software applications, such as intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office and Adobe products, electronic filing systems and databases.
- You are organized and have effective problem management skills.
- You are technologically savvy and love working in a fast-paced environment
Why Work for the BCMSA:
- We genuinely care about each other and the membership we serve
- We foster our positive workplace culture through teambuilding events and a supportive work environment
- We offer a comprehensive renumeration package including a competitive annual salary of $40,711 (2022 rates), excellent health and dental benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Connect with us and find out more at www.bcmsa.ca/careers. Have a question or want to learn more about the role? Anyone from our team would be happy to chat.
If this looks like the opportunity to make a difference that you have been searching for, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. Friday, January 21st, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
All BC Municipal Safety Association employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.