Course length: 4 hours
Class minimum/maximum: 6/25
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: elective course
EOCP CEU’s: n/a
Price: $75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6); $37.50 per person from 16+. Minimum $600 charge per class.
Post Session: Certificate of Attendance
Course description: The purpose of this session is to gain an understanding of how municipalities, Boards, Libraries, Commissions and contractors have a responsibility to ensure work is performed safely and according to WorkSafeBC legislation. The principles introduced in this course can assist in establishing due diligence for all employers.
Course outline: This course covers the following topics:
- Legislation: Federal (Bill C-45); Provincial Act and regulations (WCA, BCOHSR)
- Current interpretation of Section 115 and 118 of the WC Act
- Requirements of the owner, contractor and sub-contractors
- Contractor evaluation
- Tools to assist in compliance
Learning outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the OHS legal requirements for all key parties involved
- Describe what health and safety information should be considered during the selection of contractors
- Understand the systems for contractor management and compliance
- Identify indicators for evaluating a contractor’s OHS performance
Who should attend? This course is ideal for department/division managers (operations and facilities), construction project managers, safety resources, human resource personnel and purchasing managers involved in the selection and management of contractors in the workplace.