Utility Awareness for Municipal Workers
This course is designed for individuals who work with or around underground utilities.
At the completion of this full day course individuals will be able to:
- Understand what underground hazards are or could be present
- Understand the consequences of making contact with underground infrastructure
- Understand when utility packages are required
- Be able to read and interpret utility packages
- Understand what markings on the ground mean
- Identify and compare ground markings with utility packages
- Safely break hard surfaces
- Demonstrate safe hand digging practices
- Identify when work should be stopped or when utility company should be called
- Understand emergency procedures should contact occur
This course will be customized to fit your organizations specific procedures or guidelines.
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
$150 per person.
Minimum $1,200 charge per class.
Certificate of Completion
BCMSA Recommended – 3 years