Course length: 8 hours
Class minimum/maximum: 6/12
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program: elective course
EOCP CEU’s: 0.6
Price: $150.00 per person (minimum 6). Minimum $1,600 charge per session.
Post session: Wallet card
Course Timeline: Industry Standard – 3 years
Note: A risk assessment and entry procedure must be provided to the training organization at least 7 days prior to the scheduled Confined Space Entry session. Confined Space Training cannot take place without these. If you do not have the required information, please contact the training organization or a qualified person for assistance in developing them.
Course description: This 8 hour course is designed and intended solely for the worker who enters a confined space to perform their assigned work or task. It includes an actual entry by the participants into a confined space. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate for the role of a confined space entrant only.
Prerequisite: Must be physically fit
Equipment used: Tripod/winch, Davit assembly, Gas detectors, Air movers, Harness. Each class will have numerous gas detectors from various manufactures for use. Students will follow an entry permit using a tripod, air mover and gas detector.
Required PPE: Steel toe shoes & hard hat, Hazmasters has the right to turn away students if they do not attend with appropriate wardrobe attire and no refund will be given, Comfortable attire appropriate for climbing (jeans are acceptable – tank tops and shorts are not acceptable), If you have a preferred fitted harness, please bring it. If not, Hazmasters will have plenty to go around.
- Relevant legislation, regulations, CSA standards and industry best practices
- Identification of confined spaces
- Characteristics, examples
- Hazard identification
- Atmospheric, physical
- Effects of atmospheric hazards
- Monitoring and testing of confined spaces
- Ventilation, cleaning and purging of confined spaces
- Protective equipment – personal and general
- Introduction to the use of confined space equipment including:
- Retrieval systems – tripods/davit systems
- Supplied air respirators (SARs) and self-contained breathing apparatuses (SCBAs)
- Written work procedures and entry permits
- Objective of entry permits