Traffic Control Management
This workshop is for municipal employees who have responsibility for overseeing work site activities that require traffic control and the use of traffic control persons. It will be valuable for a variety of workers and supervisors in public works, maintenance, special events and safety roles, who must set up work zones where Traffic Control Persons are required or who work with sub-contractors providing Traffic Control services. It does not qualify participants to do the work of certified Traffic Control Persons.
by the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Use the Traffic Management Manual for work on Roadways to assess whether traffic control and traffic control persons on site are effective
- Identify and use The Occupational Health and Safety Regulations for Traffic Control People
- Understand the role and responsibilities for traffic control supervision on site
- Identify and recommend personal protective equipment for traffic control persons
- Consider and assess risks associated with the use of Traffic Control People
- Identify common traffic control misbehaviors and monitor traffic control behaviors in the work zone
- Work with the site superintendents, contractors or other municipal representatives to ensure traffic control risks are understood, documented and implemented safely
Supervisors Safety Certificate Program:
Classroom Delivery Price:
$75 per person for up to 15 (minimum 6);
$37.50 per person from 16+.
Minimum $750 charge per class.
Virtual Delivery Price:
$750 flat fee up to 20 participants *Subject to change
Certificate of Completion